Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Yeah, I've been busy

So I just realized that I haven't written ANYTHING in a couple of weeks, which really isn't a shocker...I've been a little busy...creating change in some places and ensuring no change in others (aka making sure I continue to have a job).

I'm not going to go into how awesome I think the election turned out - but I will say that my boss killed with 67% of the vote - for that I am thankful (because you know, I still have a job).

Now that the election is over, my focus is on getting a county budget passed and once that is done tomorrow, my life will get less crazy - meaning that I may be able to go to yoga classes and read a book, and get my Christmas shopping done. YAY for that!

I'm so excited to read again - not that I haven't read anything over the last couple months, but yeah, I really haven't. I have however, been carrying around "My Life on the Run" by Bart Yasso - that talks about his running adventures around the world. I have read a couple of chapters and it's going to be great, I can tell. AND I have TWO Runner's World magazines to read and a Women's Health (ok, these don't count as substantial reading, but they're fun) - I CAN'T wait!!

If anyone has any good book suggestions, throw them my way!

2 comments:

Ann said...

I use goodreads.com to get ideas for books--plus it lets you connect with friends to see what they are reading and how they rate a book--yet another way to spend time at the computer!

Jennifer said...

Thanks! I'm always looking for useful ways to waste time :)