Friday, May 15, 2009

T minus 48 ish hours

On Sunday I will be running in Green Bay - I have been so ready to rock this marathon for weeks now. However, I was side lined this weekend when I could not get out of my bed on Sunday and Monday with a fever.

I hate when my training is thrown off for some reason - especially when it's coming down to the end of the line. It kills me to not be able to get in a scheduled run, however, for the most part I have felt stronger and faster this time around.

In the last couple days my head has transitioned from "freak out about not getting in my final 8 miler" mode to "back in the game" mode.

I can do this. I can run 26.2 miles. I've done it before, I know what it feels like. I am ready. My legs are strong, my heart is in it, and so is my head.

My goals as always are to finish and not die. I can do that.

Thank you to all of my friends and family who constantly support me - especially to Ann who logged lots of miles with me! I'll keep you all posted on the outcome! Here's hoping for perfect weather!!

No comments: