Thursday, January 31, 2008

Ho Chi Minh City

My mom always says, and I agree, that things happen for a reason - we don't often know why but when sucky things come up, better things tend to follow.

After the wierdest weather day ever in Wisconsin on Tuesday, my 7 am flight Wednesday to start my trip was canceled. After several attempts at trying to work things out with the airport, I ended up with a 12:20 pm flight directly to Hong Kong from O'Hare - - this worked out MUCH better than to have to leave at 7 am and transfer in San Fran.

The plane ride to Hong Kong was good - well, as good as spending 15 + hours on a plane can be I suppose! I was able to sleep right away after taking off and be up towards the end of the flight which is really helping my jet lag. I sat next to a lovely older Vietnamese couple who spoke some english but lost me when I tried to get them to talk about their trip to the states. The did tell me how lovely Ho Chi Minh was though.

My flight from Hong Kong to Ho Chi Minh was delayed by an hour or so which was fine by me - I enjoyed taking an extra long walk around the airport to stretch out my legs.

After getting my luggage and going through customs, I headed outside to look for Chris, it was such an interesting arrival procedure. I walked outside to massive crowds standing behind gard rails, it looked like something you'd see at an award show in LA - the fans smashed up as far to the front as they can to catch a look at their favorite celebs - - I was really waiting for people to start taking pictures, but I had to remember I wasn't on the red carpet :)

Amen that Chris is tall and so am I - we found each other really quickly in the sea of people and headed to his place. We did a mini driving tour just around his apartment so that I could get my barrings and then headed to his place which is really lovely. It's called Norfolk Mansion and with all the amenities, I really am going to be spoiled here - - beautiful outdoor pool, gym, amazing view, and someone to clean it - what more can a girl ask for??

I'm getting ready to start my day - I'm heading to the gym for a quick work out, hoping that my legs still know how to function and then I'm off to explore a little before Chris gets home from work and we head to the beach - it was 80 degrees when I arrived last night and let me tell you how good it felt to have some warm air for a change!!

3 comments:

Mom said...

AWESOME!!!
I hope you can keep blogging - I love to live vicariously through you you know!!!!!
Have fun at the beach - use lots of sunscreen...80 degrees in February does crazy things to a Wisconsin body!!!!
Love ya!!!!!!
Mom

On the Go Girl said...

HI Jen,
Glad you made it there safely! Hope you are having fun! Say hi to Chris and enjoy the trip!! Can't wait to see pictures!
Love ya. Kate

On the Go Girl said...

P.S I am using my sister's blog username if you were wondering who "on the go girl" was ...of course that has to be Kim!!