Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Yet another milestone

As of this morning at 6 am I have officially lost 70 pounds according to the scale in the fitness center at the Y and I'm pretty darn proud of myself.

Over the last 7 months, I have been asked what my "diet" is, or if I'm sick...the truth is I'm not on a diet, I've made a lifestyle change, one that certainly does not involve being sick in any way, shape, or form...it's been a lot of hard work, and surprisingly, a lot of fun.

Since my mom and dad are crusing somewhere fabulous (I really am not even sure where they are!) I left a voice mail for my mom and I was surprised at how emotional I was.

When I hit 50 I was pretty overcome with emotion - this is a huge undertaking and I was begining to become this whole new person, taking charge of my body and my emotions. And this morning, being 70 down, I was amazed that this continues to be such an emotional process.

I have to remind myself everyday that I am in charge of my body - how hard I push it and what I put in it are up to me - and there are days that I mess up and I have to remind myself that it's ok to make mistakes - because I'll get through it and forge ahead.

I also need to remind myself to love my body and what it is able to do now that would have NEVER happened 7 months ago. I'm so much stronger than I have ever been - I actually have biceps - who knew! My legs are stronger and I'm getting faster during my runs and am able to add miles.

I still focus on the flaws that I have - and I have serveral, but I'm continuing to plug away and work on them. I still have some to lose and I'll get there...But, I've realized in the world of instant gratification that we are all looking for I've realized that it's ok to take the slow and steady route.

1 comment:

Ann said...

OMG Jennifer...70lbs that is so awesome...I was impressed by 50--You have worked hard and deserve every pound that has been lost!!