Sunday, September 7, 2008

What a Way to Start a New Year

28. Seems a little crazy to me. Not scary, just a little strange and I can't pin point why. However, if the rest of my year as a 28 year old goes the way it has started, I'm in for a rockin' good time (yes, I just wrote rockin' good time, I'm apparently channeling the olden days lately).

I started my birthday out with a 20 mile run - what a way to start the day. It was a pretty solid run minus a foot cramp around mile 18 that I've never experienced before. good note to self to keep breaking in my new shoes and hydrate a little better. My time was great, even with the cramping incident and I'm ready to kick some marathon ass.

Some friends and I headed to Milwaukee for a great dinner at Fratellos and a trip to my favorite 3rd Ward bar where, as I walked up to the bar, I had a signature birthday drink ready for me. I have no idea what was in it, but it was green and edgy and a little bit sassy - a drink that had my name written all over it.


The rest of the night was followed by many more drinks in the form of gin and tonics (Brenda recently filled me in on a study that noted there was good potassium content in these - so really I was just helping alleviate the foot cramps...), fun shots, crazy dancing, lots of laughing and a nice walk back to our hotel.

It's always so much fun to get people together, especially to celebrate, and this was a great celebration! I'm looking forward to many more nights like this one for sure!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it may have helped the foot cramps but how was the headaches and hangover yesterday? haha. although i don't think i heard you complain.. :)
thanks for the good time, I had fun! :)

Brenda P. said...

Happy Birthday, baby. Like I said...just wait, in two years things really start to get fun.

Glad you had fun in City of the Angeles. Your description of stepping outside of LAX and smelling that freeway smell was very familiar.

Hello 6 lanes!

Jennifer said...

Thanks Brenda! Amen for 6 whole lanes of traffic to weave in and out of! :) See you in yoga VERY soon (I'm hoping tomorrow!).