Monday, June 22, 2009

It's so bad I can't even come up with a title...

I've been having writer's block lately. It's not that I don't have things going on that I could write about - believe me I do and it's probably more than anyone ever wants to read about - and maybe that's why I'm not writing. I just can't bear to write a blog or write in my journal or sometimes to even write a press release.

I want to write. Like I said, I have things to write about, just when I go to put it all down somewhere I find myself stopping short of saying the things that I really want to say. Like writing about being pissed off about not getting responses from people - I put things out into cyber space and I typically think it's the polite, even responsible thing to do to send a frickin email back - even if all it says is "I just don't want to." Something is better than nothing right? (And I guess with the nothing, the inference can be made that the answer is "I just don't want to" but I feel things like that should be said not just left out there - but I'm an over communicator).



So, since I'm finding myself not able to write - I'm stealing this idea off of another blog so that I can at least get some things down in writing...



I Can't - -
  • stand getting my oil changed. There's just something about pulling into that garage and talking with the mechanics that just makes me feel weird and uneasy. I do it because I have to, not because I want to.
  • live without my blackberry, coffee, and spell check.
  • stand being late - and 5 min. early is late to me. It puts me into a panic. HATE IT.
  • wear shorts while running.
  • take a compliment

I Can - -

  • Camp without an air mattress
  • drink water from the tap - in fact I prefer it
  • whistle by sucking in instead of blowing out - in fact, it's the only way I can do it.
  • do a headstand (finally!)
  • be strong and independent and still need my parents
  • play the right hand part of any piano music you put in front of me - it's that damn left hand that I can't get down.
  • cook - which may surprise some of you since I always claim that I'm not very domestic.

I Won't - -

  • ever apologize for my politics
  • stop dancing in the living room, singing loudly, or being silly just because I'm growing up
  • give less than 100% of myself to people - be it my family, friends, or a person I meet on the street.
  • stop running until my body physically cannot do it anymore - and I hope that's a long time from now.
  • Think it's ever ok pretend someone is invisible.

I Will - -

  • Bend over backwards to help a friend.
  • Always give advice, even if it's not wanted.
  • Be loud and sometimes funny.
  • swear like a trucker even though I know it's not very lady like.
  • Always find time to read to my niece and nephew - and find time for them in general

I Shouldn't - -

  • Care so much about what other people think.
  • Apologize for my feelings. It is what it is...
  • Be so hard on myself
  • waste so much time and energy on things that I can't control. Whatever will be, will be

I Should - -

  • Say no more often
  • Do more yoga
  • Be proud of myself
  • Spend more time writing, taking pictures, and creating in general
  • wash my car more often

2 comments:

Amanda said...

the thing about getting your oil changed.."i do it because i have to not because i want to"...?? MORE LIKE.. "i have my mom and sister go do it for me because i'm 3000000 miles over having it done" haha
mom wanted to kill you :)

Jennifer said...

yeah yeah yeah...I just hate it and I don't think that you really understand how bad it is. The nice thing about my new car is that I can go a lot longer than just 3,000 miles before changes!