Friday, January 8, 2010

Maybe I'd Write More...

If my blog was fancier I'd like to think that I'd write more. I'd make it fancy, but I'm not very technologically savvy. Hence, no fancy blog. Hence, I don't write very often. That's a lot of hencing.


It's not that I don't want to learn how to make my blog fancier, I would. I just don't know where to start. If anyone has some mad computer skills can you throw them my way please? Thanks.


I've been busy in the first 8 days of 2010. Lots of things to do, places to go, people to see, not a spare minute to sit down and think about my goals for 2010 (ok, maybe I've had a minute but hello? I need to sleep!). I've committed to one goal. One. And maybe one is enough, but I don't think so.

What's the goal, you ask? Good question.

I am going to run 1100 miles this year. Yep, 1100.


I don't usually keep track of my cumulative mileage throughout the year. I write it down, I just don't add it up (I'm really bad at math).

My friend Krista ran 1000 miles in 2009. I was blown away by that, 1000 is a TON (she's awesome!). Then I got to wondering about how many miles I ran in 2009. Surely it wasn't anywhere near 1000.

After I added (and yes, because I'm bad at math I checked it twice!) I had 976 miles. 9-7-6 for the year. 24 short of 1000 (ha! Look at those skills!). Guys, had I paid any attention at all, I could have gotten my butt out of bed a time or two when I thought that sleep would be better than running, and I could have gotten there, no problem!

So, after realizing how close I came to 1000, I decided that 1100 would challenge me but was totally attainable.

Goal number 2, that I'm throwing out there right now is that I would like to obtain some better computer skills. Maybe a class on website design or maybe I should invest in a "Computers for Dummies" book. Either way, I should (and can!) learn how to make my blog a little fancier, because well, maybe I'd write more.

Apparently my 3rd goal should be to write more?!?!


I'm leaving on a jet plane (although unfortunately, I know when I'll be coming back again) heading to LA on Thursday - I'm hoping that I'll get in lots of journaling time (and maybe even some blogging time!) to figure out what I want to tackle in this new decade. I should also go back and revisit my goals for 2009 - I actually think that I did pretty well at accomplishing what I set out to do!


Here's to 2010 and whatever it may bring! I hope that everyone has a happy, healthy New Year!

No comments: