Thursday, February 7, 2008

Falling in Love with Thailand

On Tuesday I did spend some time in Ho chi Minh City's City Center and it is actually quite lovely - - I had just spent a lot of time in the not so great areas on Monday.

Tuesday night we left for Bangkok. We checked into our hotel and walked around a bit and I was quite excited to see an elephant walking around in the street - with it's owners.

We spent the day yesterday looking at all things royal and it was AMAZING. The Temples and Mansions were wonderful. I'll be sure to upload pictures as soon as I get home, although they do no justice to what we saw. In a lot of the areas (one of the previous King's mansion for example) you couldn't take pictures, which is ok sometimes as it allows you to take it all in a little more!

We went to a "Sky Bar" last night an saw amazing views of the city - it reminds me a little of LA which makes it fabulous and then ate at an amazing Thai food place and had more drinks at a funky little jazz club that was tons of fun!

We just arrived in Pattaya (about 2 hours south of Bangkok) and our room has a balcony with an ocean view!! It's really beautiful here - - I'm out the door for some shopping and then on to happy hour!!

No comments: