Friday, May 30, 2008

OMG it's SATC TONIGHT!

Ok, so I thought it was funny to use a little word alphabet to start this off!

Tonight my friends, is the debut of Sex and the City - The Movie, and I CANNOT wait! You see, SATC defines my life...it makes you think about who you are and about your relationships with men and friends and yourself, it makes you scream at the TV "I TOTALLY GET IT, WHY DOESN'T ANYONE ELSE?" - it's smart and fun and sexy - you know, just like me (ha ha).

Anyway, tonight me and 15 of my girlfriends are off to a fabulous dinner at Samba (a Brazilian meat place that I don't know too much about but the waiters are apparently gorgeous and they carry around lots of yummy meat - how much more can a girl ask for?!?) and then we're heading to the movie in hopes that in the end everything...and every one is happy (and of course fabulous).

In preparation for the movie, I have been working my way through each of the seasons on DVD and have been thinking a lot about my friends. The SATC girls are smart, established, and successful and I'm so thankful that I get to surround myself with women who are just the same.

Last week we had an amazing dinner at a friend's place in Madison - there, in that dining room I was surrounded by a VP of Government Affairs for Aurora Hospital, the Chief of Staff for the Senate Majority Leader, the Director of Progressive Majority, Legislative Liaisons for DHFS and the DNR, women who helped negotiate the state budget, a librarian for a prominent law firm, a woman who had a major hand in crafting a statewide health care plan, the lobbyist for Milwaukee County, etc. These are SMART women who are also fun and funny and fashionable and each bring something different to the table in our group and I love them all. It's so fun to have such a diverse group of women in my circle in Madison that is broaden by the women I love and think are fabulous in Beloit (ie teachers and associate executive directors at the Y and child care directors, and sales people who hate their jobs but are suffering because they're still going to school and being a mom at the same time and manage to balance everything pretty well AKA my sister).

So, here's to SATC and amazing girlfriends - I cherish them both!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Sounds like a fabulous evening...jealous...however...I will be seeing SATC in New York City next weekend...you will have to give me the review tomorrow...here's to all those fabulous ladies!

Jennifer said...

SATC in the city...NICE!