Sunday, June 1, 2008

So You Want to Run a Marathon?

Yep, I'm going to run a marathon. On September 28th I will be in Moline, IL running 26.2 miles in the Quad Cities. If I don't die training first!

It's funny to think that I would want to run a marathon - let alone be able to do it - but I do and I can and I am able!

What's even more funny is that I don't think it's going to be the running that kills me, I think it's going to be knowing when to drink water and when to shove one of those nasty gel packs down my throat and when to eat a power bar and when to drink gatorade - that part is where I'm going to die. Who knew it would all be so complicated, just let me go out there and run 26.2 miles!

So, if anyone has suggestions on the gatorade/water ratio or anything else, throw 'em my way! This is all a new world to me, one that I love, so I don't want to die, thanks.

Officially I start my 16 week training program tomorrow, June 2nd (hello June, where have you been all my life) - Sundays are supposed to be a long run day, but today I'm taking it slow and if I'm up for a few miles in a little while I'm going to do them, if not, I'll rest and get ready for my 5 miles tomorrow morning at 5 am!

In other news, SATC was AMAZING. It's one of those movies that you walk out of feeling all warm inside and you can't wait until it comes out on DVD so you can buy it and watch it over and over again! I laughed, I cried, I sighed out loud...it was wonderful! The best part was that all 14 of my girlfriends and I got to sit together, in the best seats of the theather (the ones on the slanted level that are like 3 rows up and right in the middle) - we literally ran to get these seats and took some heat for having to hold some but in the end we were all together for a drama packed 2 1/2 hours of fun!

Here's to hoping SATC is out by September 29th because it would be a perfect thing to have on repeat as I lay in my recliner recovering from the marathon!

No comments: