Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Because I'm Always Harping About Being Creative

I know I talk about how important being creative is to me - and the importance of finding some time for creativity in my crazy world - and I had to share a little about an artist I truly enjoy.



Jackson Pollock is an American artist who best known for his "drip" paintings (that's my unartistic explanation). Pollock started laying large canvases down on the floor of his barn and positioned himself above the canvas and began to "drip" paint down onto it - creating beautiful art that some call chaotic and I call creative.

The Getty Center in LA used to have an original Pollock while I was in grad school. I loved sitting in front of it for hours thinking about the lines of the paint and creating images out of them (kind of like laying on your back and finding dogs and ice cream cones in the clouds). Pollock's paintings are mezmerizing.



Anyway, I found this wonderful, inspiring website that will come up as a blank screen - until you start moving your mouse around. You can change your "paint" color by clicking down on your mouse! What a fun way to put some creativity into your day (great stress relief too!!) Enjoy!

3 comments:

Ann said...

What a fun website....kind of addicting....I kept wanting to splash more and more!!! Thanks for sharing!

Matt said...

JB...do you know what else J Pollack is known for? "Dripping" other "THINGS" on his paintings.....talk about being Crazy???? H.

Jennifer said...

Ok, I didn't know that he dripped other "things" onto his paintings...for some sick weird reason I think I like him more - crazy artists :) haha...