Monday, June 16, 2008

Turns Out, Yep, I'm Kind of Crazy!

In more ways than one I'm probably a little crazy...which you know makes me a really interesting person or at least that's what I tell myself.

I really decided that I'm nuts this weekend when my girlfriend Rachel called on Saturday and said "you remember that we were talking about doing that triathlon? Well, it's 29 days away, are we in?" - I didn't hesitate in saying "Absolutely." Unfortunately, the registration is closed which is a HUGE bummer, but we're still going to do one. However, now I at least have until August to get ready!

But, in the spirit of training, I started my day with a 3.25 mile run followed by a .5 mile swim. Ok, off to a good start I suppose, now just throw in a 12.4 mile bike and I'm good to go (which would be awesome if I had a bike to train with, I should work on that...like now).

It'll be a fun experience and I physically know I can do this - and my goal is just to finish - and it's great extra training for the Marathon which is 104 days away, assuming that the Quad Cities still exist after this devastating weather in the last couple of weeks (which I'm hoping is the case, because this has been really awful and just plain sad).

5 comments:

Ann said...

Awesome...you are already off to a great start with a run and swim workout!!! Until you get a bike use the spinning bikes for a great workout---you will do great!

Jennifer said...

And I think that we should do some running together...at the suggestion of your hubby! :)

Ann said...

that is a good suggestion...however right now you would leave me in your dust...give me a few more weeks to build up my endurance and speed :-)

ctadhankins said...

Great to hear you're doing a TRI! Where is the race? I'll have to try and get out there to cheer you on! Cooler and all!

Jennifer said...

It's in Pleasant Prairie - at the end of August now since I missed out on the one in July. It would be awesome to have spectators - especially ones that save a beverage for me :)