Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Nothing Better Than a New Pair of Shoes

I got a new pair of shoes yesterday - Asics 2140's and they're lovely. They're grey and blue and green and they even have a super cute, funky design on the inside. They make me motivated to get off my butt (which has been getting a lot of use in the sitting position lately).



Although I have yet to take them out for a run, I wore them for a work out (where we ran lots of stair laps) and they were delightful. It's fun to get a new pair of running shoes - and it's pretty routine about every three months for me.



I officially retired the latest pair, the pair that got me through the marathon and had a whole lot of miles on them. I know I'm a big dork, but it's kind of sad retiring an old pair of shoes. Especially ones that got me through such a huge event in my life. But, like my new car, I'm ready for new adventure and lots more miles on the new pair.



The Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis is on Saturday in Janesville. Last year Paula, Melinda and I ran it and it's a nice run but I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to bear the cold and potential snow this year - and that makes me a total wuss, but whatever. Anyone game to run it with me?? I need a little motivation!!

No comments: