Friday, April 11, 2008

Healthy Kids Day - Saturday April 12th

I'm taking this from Ann Hankin's Blog because I really believe in it - I think everyone ought to put some play in their day and get moving!

"Check out your local YMCA to see what they are doing for Healthy Kids Day--Saturday, April 12th! Did you know that the current generation of children is the first generation that is not predicted to not have a longer lifespan than their parents? It is all about being good role models for our children and introducing "play into our day" that doesn't involve sitting at a computer or playing video games. Kind of ironic that I'm sitting at a computer trying to get this message out to everyone-eh? However, I just got done teaching step aerobics and my kids just walked into the gym across my office to run around---which to them is not exercise but fun--little by little we can work to make that prediction not come true! Happy Healthy Kids Day Weekend to you!"

Thanks Ann for your advocacy - and to my mom because I'm sure she has a lead role in the playing part!

Just a note that the Beloit branch of the Stateline Family YMCA will be hosting their event from 11 am - 1 pm.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Wow--my first week having a blog and I'm already being quoted! Seriously though--thanks for also being a wonderful role model for how exercise and eating smart can re-energize your life!!!