Monday, April 28, 2008

Ca-Ca-Ca-Carazy

Since I have not run a race since December I had forgotten how fun it is!

I ran the Crazy Legs race in Madison, and had a blast! I had set my goal time to be 45:00 - I had run 5 miles in 47 min before and I figured on a race day I could shave off 2 min. without a problem.

However, the problem became the wind, and while I finished with a time of 45:32 and am really happy with that, if I wouldn't have been battling the wind I think I could have met my goal. Running up Observatory Drive, directly into the wind, was a challenge - one that left a lot of people walking (which was great for me because I love passing people!).

I started out with a group of people from the capitol and after the first mile I just had to go. I ran to the "soundtrack" (cheesy mixed cd) of the Pink Bus fro m Thailand and it kept me pumped up. There's something about a techno remix of the Cranberries' Zombie that makes a girl run hard and fast!

The course really is beautiful, winding through campus and down along the bike path, with the lake as background and the finish line at the 50 yard line of Camp Randall it's something that I'm already looking forward to doing again next year with a goal to beat my time from this year!

No comments: