Thursday, April 24, 2008

Living Life to the Fullest

I had been working on a big long rant about how much dating sucks when, on Friday, my world was rocked with my Grandma passing away…it was a weekend (and has been a week) of reflecting and spending time with my family.

Although my grandma was 86 and had been in a nursing home for the last couple of years, her passing was quite a shock to us all and happened very quickly; which, when you have to go, is the best way possible.

Spending time at my grandma’s house over the weekend and looking through old pictures of her with her friends and on vacation, and with her family has really made me think a lot about living your life to the fullest, because I do believe that my grandma lived a very full life and I hope that she never had any regrets.

I truly believe in never turning down a chance to travel, or an opportunity to learn something new, and to just do something fun and different, and most importantly never settling just because something is comfortable.

So I recently started making a “Bucket List” – although in my version these are things I want to do before I’m 30…and I’ll start new after that! Anyone else have a “Bucket List”?? What’s on it? Here’s mine, which I’m sure will be added to:

Run as many 5K races as possible

Run at least 3 8K races

Run the 10K Fall Classic at the Y

Complete a Biathlon

Complete a Triathlon

Learn how to play golf

Learn how to
play tennis

Learn to ski/snowboard

Get SCUBA certified and
dive
somewhere fabulous

Start a continual yoga/meditating practice -
@ least
15 min. a day

Sky Dive (preferably in a really cool
country!)

Canoe the Boundary Waters

Complete a Marathon
somewhere cool to
celebrate turning 30!

Win Re-Election to County
Board

Become
adept at some form of dancing

Take a creative
writing class

Learn French

Visit Paris and other parts of France

(Really) Learn to play the piano
Play my flute more often

Go on a Hot Air Balloon ride

Stay at a fun, cozy,
bed and breakfast in Italy

Take an art class

2 comments:

Ann said...

Great Bucket List and great post! I don't have a bucket list to share...yet....will have to think about that one...Chris would love to teach you how to ski! Have a great weekend and good luck at Crazy Legs!

ctadhankins said...

All this before you're 30? Holy crap, that's ambitious. But I love all of the entries. Ann's right, if you want to learn to ski, I will happily volunteer. Sounds like I might get to witness you scratching off the "triathlon" item too! Signed up yet? I told Ann I was thinking about doing the duathlon at the Y also, just as prep-
keep up the good work!