Monday, July 7, 2008

God Bless America...and the Walking Taco

So the 4th of July is my FAVORITE holiday - I actually like singing the patriotic songs and eating hot dogs (ok, I usually have one of my dad's amazing brats but I'm into hot dogs lately), and hanging out with the family. Watching fireworks after the BJSO plays a fantastic concert is a great tradition that my family has. The 4th of July gatherings at the Bishop house are always a must do, every year.

This year however, my parents opted to flee the country instead of hosting their big 4th of July bash and I was left to fend for myself. I did eat hot dogs (off of the roller dog machine) and I did see fireworks (being done in my parent's neighbor's driveway) but chose a marathon of 'What Not To Wear' over the BJSO. Bottom line, I laid low, hung out with the dog and was in bed by 9:30. Still a good 4th, just a little different I suppose.

Sunday I went to a brunch at my aunt and uncle's trailer campground and enjoyed a delicious "Walking Taco." Looks gross I know, but a fun sized bag of fritos topped with all kinds of taco goodness really made me a happy camper! I tend to forget about these but really think that people should make them more often. What a fun thing to have at any event really, because who doesn't love a taco that you can walk around with an not get all over the place!?! Seriously, I'm in for any event that includes them (and that may include the peace out to my apartment party I need to plan!).

One more note about my weekend - my niece (the coolest 2 year old ever) is SUCH a fish - my sister and I took her to the pool on Saturday and had a blast with her jumping in and getting her face wet - it makes me so happy that she loves it - I think it's a must for ALL kids to know how to swim and to be comfortable in the water!

No comments: