Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Be Brave


Eleanor Roosevelt once said "Do one thing everyday that scares you."
While perusing other blogs that I enjoy, I came across the Be Brave Project and I have been thinking about it for quite awhile and have decided that for the month of August I am going to do one thing everyday that scares me.

Here are the "rules" that the blogger set up:

1. (most important:) MAKE YOUR OWN RULES.
2. Do this for yourself.
3. Make a commitment for the length of time that best suites YOUR needs--one day, one month, one year, one moment...it's all up to you, and you alone. ;)
4. The "brave" or "scary" things that you choose to do can be as big or little as you want them to be. Sometimes it's the little things that can be the most scary!
5. (not to quote Nike, but...) Just do it.
6. Be on your own schedule. You don't need to make a commitment until YOU are ready.
7. This is your unique journey--make it whatever you want it to be.
I love these rules, primarily because I get to make my own! One of my goals this year was to be more brave and I have done some pretty brave things but that goal has since fallen by the way side - so I'm bringing it back with a vengeance in the month of August.

I don't plan on doing anything too crazy - like jumping out of an airplane (although that may be on my list someday...) but I'll keep you posted on some of the "brave" things that I do and I would challenge others to do the same!

No comments: