Monday, February 2, 2009

End of week 3 of training

Despite doing ALL of my activity indoors, my marathon training is off to a good start and I'm still feeling really good - which is awesome - it's amazing how much some different streching really helps!

January numbers (also noted in the right hand column)

Ran - 68.5
Swam - 5
Biked - 100

The numbers are a little lower than I would like them to be - especially in the swim and bike columns but I'm ramping everything up in Feb. My pace runs go from 5 to 6 miles and I have long runs of 11, 12, 9 and 14 this month. I'm so hoping that the weather will warm up and I'll be able to do most - if not all - of those runs outside, because as hellish as 9 miles on a treadmill was, I certainly cannot phathom running 14 on one!!

The thing I tend to neglect while I'm in training is lifting. I know I NEED to do it, I would just much rather jump into the pool after a 4 miler (as I did today) than lift. Maybe it's because I'm pretty weak, but really, I think it's boring. I'm attempting to add a 1/2 hour of lifting in on Fridays and Sundays this month and see how it goes...

2 comments:

Ann said...

Good job on the training....are you going to do a tri this summer...you will be so ready after all your running, biking and swimming miles....seriously....good job!

Jennifer said...

Thanks Ann! I would love to eventually do a tri - and I'm actually thinking it may be fun to do the indoor one at the Y in Feb. We'll see though!!