Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Who Knew...

So I know that I haven't blogged in awhile but wow - not at all in March?!? Hi! I'm still alive!

I don't really have any big thing to blog about so I figure I'll do some random musings...

**I really hate lifting weights. I know that I should do it. I know that I have to do it. I just really don't enjoy doing it. I would rather run or bike or swim. However, I lifted yesterday and then the crazy lady subbing in my class made us lift again today. So, while I hate it, I do think my arms will be in good shape for tank tops this summer.

**I really love fondue and especially enjoy the Melting Pot where someone mixes all the right things together and makes it delicious. Last night I enjoyed a great night of fiesta cheese (so fantastic with a beer base), lots o' meat with amazing dipping sauces and some original chocolate (mixed with crunchy peanut butter) - all with my great friend Bridget. A great meal with fantastic company is always appreciated.

**I'm finally feeling back to "normal" - I went through about three weeks of a sinus infection, TMJ dysfunction, an abscessed tooth, a root canal and a killer cold and now my head is feeling clear and I can sleep at night with out the aide of vicodin or Nyquil.

**While I don't know if I REALLY like the new look of Facebook it's not bothering me that much. It's funny how change can really rock people's worlds, I like to try to take it in stride.

**I can't, for the life of me, get into the book "Marley and Me" - I want to LOVE this book. I LOVED the movie and my mom keeps telling me the book is WAY better and I want to love it, I'm just having a hard time.

**My final homework for my creativity class is due next Monday, it feels like I just started the class. I'll sum it up on here at some point after we're done - I will say that I have really enjoyed it and think that I have great tools to move forward in my creative life.

**I REALLY could use a yoga class - it's been WAY too long and doing it at home here and there is beneficial but I really love going to class.

**I went to the mall in Madison last night before dinner and I was not inspired at all. Usually the mall is where I find a lot of inspiration to be creative and nothing was doing it for me last night. I think it's that I'm not in love with any of the spring trends - it may have something to do with too much color. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy color but as an accent, not as an all over whatever.

**I have really been on a fashion kick lately, which is why the above statement really made me disappointed. I've been reading a lot of blogs that have to do with fashion but did you know that some people take pictures of themselves every day and blog about their look of the day? Who knew?! And by the way, I totally enjoy them.

**The nice weather that we've had over the weekend and the last couple of days has made me want to party plan. I love throwing parties and would love to have one on the patio with the grill going, summery drinks flowing and people sitting around a fire until all hours of the evening, talking, laughing, eating, drinking...

No comments: