Monday, August 11, 2008

The Most Perfect Sunday Morning

While most sane people are sleeping at 6 am on a Sunday morning, and some people are just getting home from a night of partying and making bad (but fun) choices, I am getting ready to "do a long run."

This Sunday was no exception. I was in bed Saturday night by 10 pm, up around 5:45 and out the door a little after 6 to run 15.25 miles.

My "short" runs of 8 miles on Tuesday and Friday were harder this week than they have been in awhile, I was hurting by the end and my times weren't fantastic. It was a crappy week where I had to pull myself out of bed (which was HARD) and hit the road (which was even HARDER). But I got them in.

However, on Sunday, everything was right with the world and my body and I kicked out 15.25 miles in 2:31:15 (UNDER a 10 min/mile average!). I was PSYCHED.

The run was made even better by following it up with a delightful breakfast on my parents' beautiful new patio with my family (my grandparents and aunt Beth included!). Filling up on eggs, bacon, toast, muffins, juice, fresh raspberries as well as catching up with my grandparents and aunt was fabulous!

It's funny to say that a perfect Sunday morning starts with a 15.25 mile run, but I feel fantastic when I'm out there on the roads, taking in the scenery of the river and the neighborhoods of Beloit, doing a lot of self reflection and self discovery...the road is my Church and this Sunday the sermon was amazing. I can't wait to see what next Sunday brings with 17 miles to ponder life...and hopefully I can talk my dad into making breakfast for me again!

No comments: