Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hopefull

I wanted to write something profound about the election and the inauguration but in the end, all I can say is that I'm finally excited again and my hope is really renewed.

For the last couple years I have been down and out with politics - with all of it - I could take it our leave it and I was tired of the ridiculousness of the system and the players and what was/is going on in the country.

But, as I watched our 44th President being sworn in yesterday, tears started streaming down my face (seriously, I thought maybe I'd have one or two, but I literally couldn't stop them...) and I was excited again. Excited about the energy, and thoughtfulness and intelligence and excited to have a President who can speak in full, coherent sentences - you know, among other things.

My hope in the system has been renewed and more importantly my hope for my country has been renewed.

"Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America." ~President Obama (has a nice ring to it :) ).

No comments: