Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm Committed...

No, not to an insane asylum...although, one may argue that this is just as crazy...

The registration forms are filled out and the checks are written and they were put in the mail on Monday...

I'm officially in now for the Kenosha 1/2 Marathon which claims to be the cheesiest...I don't know exactly what that means but I do know that I will get to eat a brat when I'm done! The race is on May 2, 2009 - 114 days away.

I'm also running the Green Bay FULL Marathon which starts on Lombardi Ave and runs through my college town, along the Fox River and ends at the infamous Lambeau Field. This race is on May 17, 2009 - 129 days away.

Which means, I start officially training next week. While I'm soooo looking forward to getting my run on, I'm a little bit nervous training over several winter months. Ice and snow have been hitting hard, and let's be honest, I'm pretty much a baby when it comes to being cold. But I'm going to give it my best shot!

Just an FYI - while Kenosha only offers a 1/2 and a full marathon, Green Bay's event also includes a 5K for anyone interested!!

My friend Mary will be joining me at both events, running the 1/2 at each and I know another person running the full in GB. I would love others to join in, even if just for the training runs!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are you going to train? I am thinking that training for a marathon is a great way to relieve stress and get in shape while working toward a fab goal!
I just recently discovered your blog and love it!
Thanks!

Jennifer said...

Hi! Thanks for reading! :) yay! I can add one more person to the ever growing list of 5 and counting! Ha ha. Marathong training...well, last time around I worked off of a program from runnersworld.com this time around I'm going to try and stick to a Hal Higdon program (halhigdon.com) - although I usualy end up modifying the during the week runs, only running 2 - 3 times a week and adding more cross training - biking and swimming. It's soo much fun to train - and to run the actual event!! I strongly encourage you to do it!! Let me know if I can help along the way!

Ann said...

Yes--for sure let the training begin! I think the ice and snow scare me the most...although 5 miles on the treadmill today was sooo boring...it had to be better than running outside at 12 degrees...let's pray for a January thaw for next Saturday's run okay?! Oh and I love that Kenosha says their run is the "cheesiest"...so very Wisconsin and that brat...it is going to taste awesome!!!

Jennifer said...

I so agree about a thaw for next Saturday!! I dread the treadmill and it's funny how I had no problem running for hours on the roads but have a hard time staying on the mill for one! I'm so ready for the brat in Kenosha - they mentioned something about wearing a cheesehead and while I'm anti cheesehead wearing, I'll be amused at those who do!! (and, I'm sure there will be plenty!!)