Thursday, January 8, 2009

I Graduated!!!!

From physical therapy!! Pomp and circumstance played and as I got my discharge papers I had a little tear in my eye...

I've been dealing with pains in my lower back that shoot down through my glutes and sometimes into my hamstrings for awhile now - probably for longer than I would like to admit and after suffering for quite some time I finally went to a sports doc. The diagnosis is Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Dysfunction which caused my pelvis to be out of alignment and caused me a huge pain in the ass (literally).

When my doc told me that the solution is to strengthen my core, I laughed. I've never had a strong core and thought that I would be forever doomed to SI issues because I dread sit ups and planks and all things "core" related.

However, all I had to do was breath - which, was WAY harder than you think. I worked on breathing and did a lot of biking, swimming, and aqua jogging (which I still don't know if I was doing exactly right). And now, 6 weeks later, I've graduated - feeling 95% better, no real pain, just stiffness and a full range of motion! Whoo hoo!!

We are keeping my file open though...just in case...but here's to hoping I'm good to go!

No comments: